The Complete Guide to Smokey Eyes – Professional Techniques for Daytime Wearable to Ultra Glamorous Sultry Eye Makeup
Paperback | ISBN 978-1519644671
A perfect smokey eye – probably the most coveted makeup technique in the world – can instantly take any woman from Plain Jane to Diva Divine building precious self-confidence. With the help of professional makeup artist, Gina M. Reyna, you can discover all the secrets to a show-stopping gaze.
Across its three sections, the guide covers:
- A retrospective study on how the smokey eye technique evolved and changed across the centuries
- The 4 basic smokey eye styles and some of their most enticing variations
- The essential tools needed to achieve a flawless smokey eye (including the right brushes & eyeshadows, and where to shop for them)
- How to prep eyes correctly for smokey eyes
- Concealing, blending and shading pro techniques
- Tips & tricks on how to achieve gorgeous lashes (everything you need to know on curling, applying mascara and using falsies)
- How to perfect the nude lip, the fail-safe complement to smokey eyes
- A step-by-step guide to applying 28 smokey eye looks, from Light & Natural to Soft & Sultry to Full-on Drama & more!
The Complete Guide to Smokey Eyes compiles the author’s tips, tricks and insider knowledge on one of the most glamorous makeup techniques known to women: the sultry smokey. Gina’s skills and knowledge will simplify and redefine the smokey eyes technique forever, helping every woman achieve effortless smokey eyes at home. Understanding this technique through the eyes and words of a makeup artist will make all the difference, especially since every look is illustrated with full step-by-step instructions. Gina hopes this guide will inspire millions of women to use their eyes as the true weapon of seduction they really are!
Others also looked at
About the Author
Gina M. Reyna, founder and owner of Colorista Books, has been a professional makeup artist since 2009. She is an Empire Beauty School graduate & has attended fine art classes at the Art Institute and the Academy of Art University San Francisco. Her experience as a makeup artist ranges from weddings & special events to editorial-style photography.
When Gina isn’t working as a makeup artist, she spends her time creating content for makeup artists and beauty enthusiasts. Her first book, ‘How to be a Professional Makeup Artist – A Comprehensive Guide for Beginners’, was published in January of 2013. She has since then written ‘The Complete Guide to Smokey Eyes’ & created The Beauty Studio Collection of makeup charts.
Gift shop categories
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates from Coloristabooks.com